Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I want you!


What is the number one threat to the rights of young people in America today? The re-institution of the military draft. Recently, I was going on my merry way down the road when I saw a sign that hadn't been there before. It said "US Army now Recruiting". I turned to my friend and said "Hey you wanna join the army with me" he says "I'm good thanks". We both laughed but then he pointed out that I'll be old enough to be drafted in a short time. As I've thought about it, it becomes more and more frightening. When I went to the DMV to test for my permit they had both me and my Dad sign a form that said I was willing to be drafted. And I'm going to be straight with you, I nearly turned around and walked out that door. See I've been taught all my life, that when Uncle Sam calls your name, you turn around and get the hell out of there. It quite frankly gives me the heebie-jeebies that I could be forced to serve the governments war machine against my will. It sounds like something out of a Communist nightmare. But it's happened before and it could sure as heck happen again. Hundreds of thousands of young men were drafted and sent overseas in WWII. They were told they would have the honor of fighting for their country. They went and fought foot by foot to gain European soil back, for Europeans. They fought in a war that they should have been thousands of miles away from, and many of them died. If you like the thought of dying for someone elses perverted idea of a noble cause, then by all means stand by and watch. But if you desire above all else, your freedom, and freedom for your children. Fight. Fight the war that you want to fight. Or you will be fighting the war they want you to fight, and in that one there's a heck of a lot more to lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment